Re: dissolving D-76

At 01:03 PM 05/13/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I use D-76 as a film developer and have been doing so for several years, but
>recently I have had trouble getting it to dissolve.  It seems like they
>changed the directions on the envelope. Now, to make a gallon, they tell you
>to dissolve it in 800 mls of hot water.  But this doesn't work even if you
>heat the water to the right temperature.  It never dissolves!  It seems like
>they used to say use more hot water. I always end up having to use a lot
>more hot water than 800 mls.  Has anybody else noticed this, or am I doing
>something wrong?
>
>--shannon

  800ml is about right for one LITER not a gallon. The amount of water to
start with should be about 3/4 of the final amount or about 2400 ml for a
gallon.
   I suggest calling or e-mailing Kodak customer service about it. It
sounds like they are printing the instructions for the one liter size on
the gallon packages.
In the US 1 800 242 2424 Professional division is extension 19.  They will
want to know about this. If your have the package you can give them some
clues about which packages are mis-printed.
----
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com