Re: kallitype questions: EDTA solution life?

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 03/27/02-06:29:18 PM Z

Shannon,

If the prints were developed, cleared and fixed carrying them through
sunlight should not cause fogging. Once the ferrous iron has been
removed and the silver nitrate fixed there should not be anything
light sensitive left in the paper. Same goes for drying them on the
porch.

It sounds like you may not have cleared the prints enough by the
remark that it looks like "staining from the dark areas bleeding into
the print."

However, there is so much left unsaid about your working procedures
that I would need to know to provide more useful information to you.

About the EDTA, what size were the prints you cleared. 7 prints of
8X10 size or smaller should not exhaust a liter of EDTA.

Sandy King