Re: Fresson and handmade

From: Greg Schmitz (gws1@columbia.edu)
Date: 06/08/02-04:21:16 PM Z

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Richard Sullivan wrote:

> As a collector I'll take any Cartier Bresson or Arnold Newman prints
> you might have lying about that were not made by those individuals
> themselves.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cartier Bresson prints are available (or
at least they were) from Magnum at a fairly reasonable prices. I've
read a number of interviews with Bresson where he insists control
and interpretation of the negative (via printing) are not that
important to him.

-greg schmitz <gws1@columbia.edu>

"The opinion that art should have nothing to do with politics is
itself a political attitude."

                        "Why I Write"
                        George Orwell, 1946