Good papers for true Kallitype

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 07/27/02-11:32:36 AM Z

Rocky wrote:

>Could you please post a list of papers you found suitable for Kallitype
>Prints and possible sources.
>
>Thanks,
>Rocky
>Houston, TX

I have had good success with true Kallitype (Ferric Oxalate variety)
with the following papers.

Fabriano Artistico
Arches Aquarelle
Stonehenge Rising
Rising Drawing 2-ply Bristol

Two excellent sources are Daniel Smith in Seattle
(http://www.danielsmith.com/) and Stephen Kinsella in St. Louis,
http://www.kinsellaartpapers.com/

You can check current pricing on-line at either source.

Best buy in my estimation is the Rising Stonehenge from Daniel Smith,
22X30 size, at $1.19 per sheet in quantity of 25-99.

But every paper gives slightly different results so it is best to
experiment a bit to see what you like best.

Sandy