RE: good Ozone

From: Ken Watson (watsok@frii.com)
Date: 07/15/02-12:21:47 PM Z

John,

Fear not about refrigerant. The Ozone depletion problem comes from the
chlorine in the molecule. Mt St Hellens injected more chlorine DIRECTLY
into the stratosphere when it erupted than the amount we were going to use
in refrigerant over the next several centuries. We still have ozone, use
it and the sun will make more.

Of course there is always less ozone in the winter than the summer
depending on where you look. Less direct exposure depending on where you
live. The poles obviously get the least sun. Also the output of the sun (
therefore ozone ) varies with sun spots. The more spots the more output.
 So year to year measurements with out the context of solar output makes
for good fear food.

Remember when everyone was sure a new ice age was coming? Now everyone is
sure we will melt the poles and all kind of things will happen due to green
house gasses.

How does this relate to alt photography? well for exact exposure check the
true solar output for the day and chlorine is a halogen that combined with
silver makes POP or salted paper. There that should keep the flames low.
 ;<)