acid etched glass

From: John Cremati (johnjohnc@core.com)
Date: 07/11/02-01:37:07 PM Z

  I think I would take advantage of acid etched finish. It is a very
smooth opaque surface, allowing you to pick up more detail in viewing....I
suppose this is why the manufacture of most view camera's that I have seen
use acid etched glass as it is far superior to the ground finish.......
       Should you try the acid etching cream ...try to get the extra strong
stuff if it is available as the over the counter stuff pretty diluted. Again make sure the glass is very clean before application.
      Armour Products Inc. used to put out a Etched bath dipping solution as well
as a etching cream for the hobbyist...
Phone: 210-847-0404 It is a old number and I hope it is still good.