RE: Albumen - How Archival

From: ken watson (watsok@frii.com)
Date: 01/12/02-04:15:03 PM Z

Sandy,

I have seen orginal Watkins prints of Yosemite that are neither yellow or
cracked. Since these are the oldest prints , with the exception of salt, in
the world I think this is our best example. The salt prints that I have
seen, only pictures of them, ...now they seem faded or worse. Most likely
due to poor fixing I would suspect. This of course leaves out tintypes,
ambrotypes and Dags which are all doing well. Once again most likely due to
their substrates.