Re: VDB formulas

From: garimo (omirag@cruzio.com)
Date: 02/17/02-08:37:19 PM Z

By the words sludge & precipitate, do you mean solids or sediments? Or,
do you mean sort of cloudy white murkiness?? if so... then that's often
how a fresh batch looks after I mix it up... I use the formula from Bea
Nettles, Breaking the Rules. I think the Van Dyke Brown works its best
when it's fresh like this. After it sits a day or two it clears, then
after a week or two sometimes develops some silver gray specks of
sediment. Then I run it through the coffee filter.
garimo