Re: Calotypes / Southeby's

From: Alejandro Lopez de Haro (alhr@wanadoo.fr)
Date: 02/15/02-04:44:08 AM Z

Hi Peter:

As far as I know, what is being auction at Christies-Paris, is the "first
ever photographic document in the world", which was printed as a "gravure"
from a "copper plaque", since Niépce at that date-1825- didn't know how to
fix a lasted image. He had succeeded in printing his photographic image
from a copper plate where he then made a gravure.

Regards,

Alejandro López de Haro