Re: Cyanotype Blues

From: Scott Wainer (smwbmp@starpower.net)
Date: 12/27/02-10:25:46 PM Z

I am printing with a bank of 14 BL tubes about 3-4 inches from the print
frame. I started with exposures between 5-10 minutes but 80-90% of the image
washed off; at 15 minutes very little washed off. These times were about
equal to what I got using a traditional cyan formula.

I tried a much denser neg but got the same results.

Not being "keepers" I left the prints to soak overnight in the washer,
thinking that might clear the highlights some. The prints from the "thin"
negs completely disappered and the ones from the "denser" negs show thin
shadow areas but the highlights are blank. Could the residual peroxide have
bleached them?

Scott Wainer (Maryland)
smwbmp@starpower.net