Re: CD as backup

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 12/03/02-02:26:34 PM Z

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Sandy King wrote:

> Mateo wrote:
>

> >Yes, very unlikely, but Macs don't crash anymore :)
>

> My G4 sure missed a lesson at the factory!!

Sandy, we're doing a service for the rest of the world -- it's all a
matter of statistics. In the same way that the folks who die younger than
us provide the other end of the curve so we can live forever.

My G4 crashes AT LEAST 10 times a day. However, I believe that's system
9, and I believe it's deliberate. I think the friendly folks at Apple
have deliberately left 9 in lethal state to convince the miserable and
afflicted that if they throw out all their software and hardware which
won't work on 10 and get new and take 10, they'll be fine. (I haven't
heard of anyone with only 10 getting crashes, it's the two together or 9
alone, IME.)

I'll add that my late lamented 8.6 only crashed twice in three years, and
both times it was the Evil Netscape.

J.