negative intensification

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 08/23/02-10:09:52 AM Z

Many alternate processes require negatives with more contrast than "normal".
Some films can easily reach the needed level of contrast simply by extending
development, others do not respond as well. Intensification to increase
contrast is another way to get long scale negatives. I'm interested to know
if anyone on the list uses this approach routinely, or as a normal
corrective procedure. If so, what methods have proved most useful? Selenium
looks like the simplest procedure, but there are others and I'm curious
about results.---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries
        and workshop information at: