RE: language discussion on the ethics of repeating, for illustration, prejorative terms

From: Wendy Gollihue (wgolli@flash.net)
Date: 08/22/02-03:29:31 PM Z

Snipped <I think some of these debates,theories and speeches should be taken
off the list, and discussed among those that are interested. But that's
just my opinion.>

I wouldn't want them to go off list....they're great to listen to and
ingest.

I look at this list as a huge room of people with pockets of people
everywhere discussing different topics. I am sure that I can learn from all
of them. I am able to gravitate to whatever I am interested in hearing and
or contributing to. What type of gathering would it be if all were only
allowed to discuss what was put on the table by a select few.

I have to ask what it is that keeps you from asking and getting alt info
that you need? I echo others in saying that 'this is what is neat about the
list'. There are others waiting for you to ask, i'm sure, and meanwhile
this other string WILL continue to beat it out. They may even feel the need
to divert and help you.

Wendy