Re: Desktop Negative and Photopolymer plates

From: Patrick Kelley (patrick@chronopsis.com)
Date: 04/11/02-10:59:42 PM Z

I experimented with this for a class I co-taught at Minnesota Center
for Book Arts. Emphasis on "experimentation." We did some tests with
paper negs with some success. i don't think the sharpness will match
a film neg, if you are considering it for text. we were focused on
making images.

the main problem was negative density, i.e., not enough. From what I
am reading on this list, the pictorico film may solve that problem.
our paper negs made very rough images on the plates, but using some
lesser-quality inkjet transparency, I was able to make some pretty
nice plates that ran well on the vandercook.

so, this probably isn't much help, but i believe it can be done. I
know inkjet negs work well for exposing photopolymer plates for an
etching press (using a positive transparency).