RE: desktop negatives

From: David Oliver (david.oliver@xtra.co.nz)
Date: 04/10/02-04:22:46 PM Z

desktop negativesShannon,

> I made my first print from a desktop negative today, and while it turned
out better than I expected, it looked a little fuzzy. I didn't do the
Unsharp Mask thing because Dan's book doesn't say to do that if you are
making desktop negatives. I printed it on pictorico film on the Epson 2000P
at school, at 300 dpi. I am wondering if I should try a higher resolution
or do the Unsharp Mask thing? Also, it seemed to take longer to print than
a regular negative. Is this normal? I was printing it in cyanotype.
   I am not sure if you meen dpi or pixels per inch (ppi)? While 240 to 300
ppi should be find for your image resolution setting in Photoshop, you
should print at 1440 or 2880dpi printer setting. And yes, you should do the
Unsharp Mask just as with a normal photo.

  Regards

  David