Re: Gum - what am I doing wrong?

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 04/09/02-02:04:25 PM Z

Nash Computer Technology wrote:

> By the way, I shot the images on Tri-X rated at 100ISO and developed in Rollo Pyro for
> about 4 minutes (about half the time I normally use for platinum).

Wait a minute! These are *pyro* negatives! I missed that completely the
first time I read this. I told David it looked like overexposure to me,
but it seemed odd that by his description it sounded like he was getting
overexposure at a minute or an hour; this information makes it make more
sense. I think we're back to that spectral density question, and how
gum vs platinum responds to colored "filters." and I also think the
answer to David's question is to start over with a new set of negatives,
develop them in a conventional developer, and see what happens.
Katharine Thayer