Re: Spectral density [was: Re: Inkjet transparencies ]

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 04/02/02-08:22:37 PM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:
> I've been puzzling about spectral density and hope there's someone here
> with enough knowledge about the physics and psychology of the
> electromagnetic spectrum to help me understand the things I'm puzzling
> over.

A word of caution. It is important to know the spectral transmission
characteristics of the particular inks used. One can theorize all they
want, but the results will be based on the specific ink(s) used. A
particular color may be useless if it does not transmit or block the
particular wavelengths (UV or otherwise) that the sensitizer is
sensitive to. A particular ink color or type may have very unexpected
UV characteristics.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/