Re: Copying prints

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 09/27/01-08:40:12 PM Z

I ditto Darryl's comments; I have copy slided thousands of slides over the
last several years. I use either Astia 100 *outdoors*, copy sliding in full
sun, on my deck, between my legs (I know I know, very unprofessional and
weird looking, but it works to get it perpendicular) with a wonderful, used
55mm Micro Nikkor I bought for $135. Excellent lens. The only problem is I
will get reflections if it is glossy and the sun is not just right. Then I
use EPY (Kodak 64T) on a copy slide stand with the same lens. I have used
Kodak 160T film but do not like it because it has a tad magenta cast. It is
also a bit grainier. The 64T is wonderful indoors. With the 55 micro I can
get so close to the picture, but of course need to compensate by opening up
a stop if I get within 7 times the focal length, or lets say 350 mm.
Chris