RE: dogs getting run over in texas

From: shannon stoney (sstoney@pdq.net)
Date: 10/20/01-07:53:10 AM Z

Darryl wrote:

>You need to get out of the University and into your town.

Good idea! I do know some folks at HCP and have written two articles
for their journal SPOT (one of which was published so far). Jean is
very nice. I love HCP and their events. I am thinking of going to
some of the critiques that they have. You can sign up ahead of time
and somebody comes and looks at people's work.

Don't know anybody at Rice. Wonder how to find out what's going on
there? I have heard of Anne Tucker but don't know her. The CAM has
a school? Maybe you mean the Glassell School. This is associated
with the MFAH really. I went there one summer and got very sick
because they never turned on the vent fan in the darkroom all summer.
That's fixed now supposedly. Looking forward to Fotofest in March. I
learned a lot from it last spring.

I don't know suzanne bloom yet. She is only here in the spring. Last
spring I could not do any photography because I was so sick from
darkroom disease from poorly ventilated darkrooms, so I didn't have
her as a teacher. I hope to have her this spring though. I think she
is retiring soon from teaching.

>FWIW, I'll be in Houston for FotoFest, I'd be glad to hook up with you
>for a chat. I love to meet folks on the list.

  Ok, great!

--shannon