Re: metal halide kits

From: Richard Sullivan FRPS (richsul@earthlink.net)
Date: 10/01/01-12:17:32 PM Z

Simply -- No.

This is an aquarium light retrofit doohickey and is way underpowered.
You're going to have to use some power to get a decent print time. With a
reflector, etc, you might make nice 4x5's in a decent time but. This is
about 1/8 the power you need for 8x10's etc. 1000 watts is optimal. A 400
watt lumeniare will work but the time and energy spent setting up a 400
watt system doesn't justify in my mind the $150.00 savings over a 1000 watt
lumenaire system.

--Dick Sullivan