Re: Cyanotype tests with two different metal halide lamps

FDanB@aol.com
Date: 11/12/01-11:36:08 AM Z

For those interested, when I started using a plate burner for platinum
eight years ago I tested the 1250 and 1261 mercury vapor bulbs and found
the 1261 to be about a stop faster for the platinum/palladium medium.

This may have already been covered in the discussion (just back in town
and wasn't checking emails) but Olec says the following about the two
bulbs:

1250: Diazo/Photopolymer (365-405nm) standard
1261: Photopolymer (365-385nm)

I recently purchased bulbs from the following at good prices:

Associated Photo
P.O. Box 817 Dept. AV
Florence, KY 41022-0817

Hm: 800-727-2580