Re: Field Cameras

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 05/20/01-03:48:22 PM Z

Filters were left out of one reply. I agree, you will enjoy the camera.
It is a great camera but it is not something you are going to learn
immediately. You can spend a lifetime just learning how to make
adjustments. A good basic View Camera book will help.

Purchase Series Filters and then use adapter rings. This will eliminate
the need to purchase multiple sets of filters for the different lenses
you will most likely use in the future. They are not threaded so they
will fit different series rings and adapter combinations.

What model, brand? Is it a View Camera or just a Field Camera? I use a
Linhof View Camera for 4 x 5, but I use a Kodak Master 8 x 10, too. The
field Camera like my Kodak is limited in its abilities and what it can
do, but it works well for its intended use.

HCM