See-through paper spray

From: zby (zby@eudoramail.com)
Date: 05/14/01-09:19:55 AM Z

Yesterday, flying back from England aboard British Airways plane I saw
BBC news clip about the new tool for law enforcement agencies that makes
it possible to check contents of letters through paper envelopes.
It is a spray (small aerosol can) that makes paper transparent.
They showed a photograph placed inside the brown paper envelope. After
spraying the envelope the photograph became clearly visible. After a
while, the substance dries away without leaving any visible trace.
According to this news clip, this stuff is available only to police etc.

I wonder if anybody knows anything more about this substance. It could
make problems with paper waxing "disappear".
Ben