Process Colours for Gum

From: George Huczek (ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca)
Date: 05/07/01-05:02:28 PM Z

I need to know which colours from the Windsor & Newton line to use for
tricolour processing. I am using RGB gels (#25 red system) for making the
negatives, and I need yellow, magenta and cyan colours to use at the
printing stage.

I have the W&N colour chart, and it lists a wide array of yellows, from its
designations "lemon yellow" to "cadmium yellow orange". There are 13
yellows between these. Can't test them all.

Alizarin Crimson on the colour swatch looks more like burnt sienna than
magenta, but I know the swatches aren't reliable, and I've read that this
gives a "passable"

Does anyone use Windsor & Newton watercolours for full colour gum printing?
 B&S carries the Linel brand. Would that be a better choice, anyone?
Livick recommends these. I would have to order them from across the
border. No one I've tried locally can get them.