Re: Direct negatives from slides

From: Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Date: 03/25/01-08:10:44 AM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

>Tom Ferguson did this a lot, and he, too, is sharpness oriented, so he may
>have something to add... but if you want to go larger than 8x10 what film
>will you use? To get tone for reds you'd need panchromatic... Is there
>much pan sheet film still available in big sizes?

Sure, panchromatic film is readily available in 7X17, 11X14 and 12X20 from
a number of sources, and Photol Warehouse will custom cut ISO 125 and ISO
400 panchromatic film in virtually any size up to 20X24.

Mind you, one should not expect to drop by the local photo store and pick
up film in this size, apparenlty not even in New York.

Sandy King