Re: Copyright Law Violation - was Re: book

From: Luc Novovitch (luc@overland.net)
Date: 03/04/01-08:47:04 AM Z

on 3/4/01 01:03, Dave Rose at photo@wir.net wrote:

> And if I leave my door unlocked I should expect my house to be
> burglarized.... and just accept it because it was easy for the thief to
> commit the crime? Sorry, I don't buy that argument. Stealing is stealing
> no matter how easy the internet makes it for thieves.

Dave,
I'm not trying to sell you the argument. I'm just saying it's a fact. We
like it or not (I don't), but it's a fact. It's probably a question of
education and repression, but so far unfortunatly a lot of people feel free
to pirate when it comes to internet. It is exactly the same thing with
verbal abuse and other poor behavior on the net. People write things to
other people they would never dare to say in their face.
Also, to stick to the copyright issue, how many of us a ready to start a
lawsuit against someone in an other country, on an othor continent? The net
is not just the US of A.

/ln

--
mailto:luc@overland.net