Re: Ri:Re: Online Gum Chemistry Suppliers

From: Guillermo (penate@home.com)
Date: 07/27/01-06:10:34 AM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: <alnovo@inwind.it>

> > Our Fahrenheit scale is more than twice as precise with 212 divisions vs.
> > their 100, but measuring fluids in mL is easier. The nice thing about
> > standards, is that there are so many to choose from.
> >
> > Tony Ascrizzi

Just imaging using a Farenheight approach to our monetary system, it would mean that if you have no money, your bank account balance would read 32! A bill with the same purchasing power of a $10 bill would have the number 50 printed on it instead of a 10 and a $20 bill would have the number 68 printed on it!.

I admit using Farenheight for chem temps and when I want to raise my processing temperature 10% I have to find the final temp this way (assuming 70F base temp):

Final temp = 70 + 0.1*(70 - 32)

If I used Celsius, it would be just:

Final temp = 1.1 * 70

Guillermo