Re: ? what is this processes

From: Jack Fulton (jefulton1@home.com)
Date: 07/14/01-10:22:18 AM Z

James:
This is a 'plate making' technique related to printmaking. Rather than using
a standard printmaking plate w/photo sensitive emulsion a polymer (plastic)
plate was made light sensitive and used initially for type. Some folks
realized the potential therein (as we alt. folk have for using lith film in
diluted paper developer) to use this material for photography as it
potentially could be close to the gravure. i.e.: continuous tone.

The person with the most knowledge is nice fellow in Denmark by the name of
Strange Ross (he even has a QuickTime sound byte on how to pronounce his
name . . Stra-ng-ha).
Strange sent me samples a couple of years ago as he was developing and
improving the process. Some of the results were poor and others held very
good potential. I am positive he has improved results tremendously since
then.

His web site w/all the information you'd want is:

        axp.psl.ku.dk/~ross/

Jack Fulton