Re: Piezography

From: Jack Fulton (jefulton1@home.com)
Date: 01/02/01-08:26:28 AM Z

  My understanding from Epson and
>> others (much discussed on this list) is that an Epson 1440 DPI printer,
>> prints most precisely with images at 360dpi. Is there anything to discuss
>> here?

> One of the honchos on Epson list was jumping up and down on that topic
> just yesterday -- or was it today? (Already 2001 is going in a blur.) He
> *sounds* very authoritative and insists more is more. He gave a *right*
> number, which I will repeat if I kept it.

This is not Piezography info but . . .

We just had an Epson 7500 installed and to Epson reps were w/me. One, the
western territory head and the other one his ace mechanics/installers. They
both told me that for THAT machine 240 is the maximum info needed to print
to the machine.
For sure, I'd like to know why such a low res. We cannot see a difference so
far in tests sending higher res files but our tests are not at all complete
as of yet.
Jack Fulton