!!!!!!!!!!! PEROXIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 02/26/01-10:26:55 PM Z

Hey guys, sometimes it's like shouting down a well. Or maybe it's the
Harley-Davidson syndrome: vroom vroom, H2o2OOOOOO power !

For the record, I have kept drugstore peroxide on the shelf opened &
unopened for years & it always worked fine. This is NOT rocket science.
The bleach bath is NOT done by minums or moles or drops... it changes
with every print put into it, with everything they put in the water at the
pumphouse that day, with every degree of difference in the ambient and
water temp.... etc. etc. etc. And even if it didn't, the bleach is done
by TIME -- and time times strength times temperature times personal virtue
times the size and mood of the paper is how you bleach. Of course if you
have energy to burn.... well, there are more useful outlets.

Also,

1. In the dark ages when I was a child, we had to gargle with hydrogen
peroxide if we got a sore throat. It tasted vile, and we made a fuss so
next time we had to gargle with salt water. Peroxide was also believed to
disinfect wounds. Whether it did or didn't we lived, and it foamed in an
interesting manner.

2. If you have any old manuals and don't find "Mordancage," or "Marriage,"
try ETCH BLEACH. Same thing.

best,

Judy