RE: Gelatin Hardening

From: Keith Gerling (kgerling@ameritech.net)
Date: 12/04/01-09:15:09 PM Z

I have a question, Nzé. Under what conditions do you size paper prior to
making platinum prints? What paper? I have always thought that additional
sizing was unnecessary when printing platinum.

Thanks,

Keith

Hi all,

I personnaly prefer to add the tanning agent to the gelatin solution.
I just make the sizing I need and I brush it on the paper.

For gum and carbon I use 5%gelatin/ 1% alun solution
For platinum I use 1% gelatin/1%alun/ 1% oxalic acid solution.
I almost use potassium alun

Amicalement

Nzé Christian