Shell Life of Van Dyke Sensitizer

Hi folks,

This morning I pulled out an old bottle of Brown Dyke Sensitizer,
mixed about a year ago, that had been left for many months with a
small quantity of sensitizer in the bottom, to a depth of about 3/4".
What I found was a perfectly beautufly coating of silver plating on
the inside of the bottle (but very shiny when views from the outside
through the amber colored plastic). Given the fact that the silver
has left the solution and formed a nice plating on the side of the
bottle makes it pretty obvious that the shelf life of this particular
bottle was quite a bit less than a year.

Which brings me to this question. What is the effective shell life of
Van Dyke sensitizer, assuming that it is kept in a brown, tightly
capped bottle, and stored at room temperature in the dark, or in very
subdued light?

Any comments about this, or other specific information about storing
this sensitizer, appreciated.

Sandy King