Re: Canon S800 vs. Epson Line

Nick,

> I hope to provide some detailed information about using the Epson 1160 &
> 1520 printers in the near future.  As Guillermo pointed out, there are
> several manufactures of grey/black inks that can be used to replace the

Not to put words in Patty's mouth, I think she intends to make color prints not monochrome as she wants to make enlargements of scanned SX-70 manipulations.

However saying that I agree that in general Epson inkjet printers are the most practical brand to buy for a photographers use as a desktop printer.

I think that given what I know now about what Patty wants to accomplish I would recommend the new 1280 or the soon to be released successor to the 2000P (if one hasn't been already). Also I would recommend that she subscribe to the leben,com printer list and review those archives as well for more in depth discussions of software, hardware, inks, and papers. The entire pallet and gamut of Epson inkjet printer topics.

Cheers,

Don Bryant