Re: Lapidary

Bob,

It's standard English usage to apply the term "lapidary" to small and
precise effect or craftsmanship. A short lyric poem centered on rigorous use
of language may be called lapidary. The derivation, of course is from the
similarity to gem-cutting. A "gemlike presentation" of a photograph is also
well described by the term.

---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries