re:orotone

In amessage dated saturday october 25 th, Steve Shapiro wrote :
>My question was to know if anyone could say what the emulsion Curtis used
>for the image itself.  The coating was gold leaf.

Dear Steve
Just an idea about what would be the original orotone emulsion : a thick
blue sensitive iodo bromide emulsion, ammonia based,  with no or very few
hardener to make more easy the toning step. Perhaps more high tec than
Curtis one.
At this time, impossible to find an historical quote connected with orotone,
works in progress ...
Such a formula can be found in Thorne Baker book : Photographic emulsion
technique (Chapman & hall, 1940) p 240-241.
Cheers

Jean-Paul Gandolfo
Ecole Nationale Supérieure Louis Lumière
Marne-la-Vallée
France