Staining with Glyoxal

There was a brief exchange on the list a short while back on the
problem of staining when hardening with glyoxal. At the time I had
not seen the problem and suggested to Judy that the staining might
have resulted from other causes. Recent posts on the carbon list,
however,  suggest that there is indeed a rather serious problem of
staining when hardening papers with Glyoxal. It would be interesting
to hear of the experiences of all who have been using Glyoxal in an
effort to assess the nature and scope of the problem. There may be
other factors that should be mentioned but I would be particulary
interested to know the following.

1. Have you had any staining with Glyoxal?

2. What sizing method did you use?

3. Which papers are involved?

4. At what point did you notice the stain? (right away, at one month,
four months, etc?)

5. Have you found any way of removing the stain, and if so, what?

Thanks for your comments.

Sandy King