Re: Buxton paper

From: Randall Webb (randall.webb@lineone.net)
Date: 11/10/00-03:48:49 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: Eric Neilsen <e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca>
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2000 8:39 PM
Subject: Re: Buxton paper

Hi Eric,
You wrote

> Randall, Do you know of any plans to export it? Have you tried it with
DOP
> platinums and POP? Chrysotype? While I have and do use platine, i would
like
> to try some Buxton if it were over in the US. I did see some of Mike
Ware's
> platinum and chrysotype last year in Austin and thought the paper was in
the
> right weight and color for my work.
>
> Cheers
> EJ Neilsen

The main problem with exporting Buxton paper is one of cost. Silverprint
say they have a lot of enquiries from the US for small quantities (10
sheets or so) but at $US8per sheet
 plus $20 for shipping people lose interest. Purcell had an offer from
someone in the US to import mill packs (100 sheets) but nothing came of it
as far as we know.
Does this make sense?
I think Buxton is one of the best papers for DOP palladium. I can't be
bothered with POP and platinum.
I haven't tried it with cyanotype but Judy has spurred me into action so I
will get round to trying it.

Regards
Randall