Re: another question

From: garimo (omirag@cruzio.com)
Date: 05/14/00-06:42:00 PM Z

>garimo wrote:
>>
>> I have this old 5x7 enlarger... and when I print something that is
>> 16x20 or larger, I have a hard time reaching up to focus and seeing
>> into the grain finder.
>
>A solution may be to attach a gear or pulley to the focus knob, then a
>chain or rope may be used to turn the knob from a distance. If using a
>rope, wrap around the pulley a full turn so as to get a good grip.
>
>--
>Jeffrey D. Mathias
>http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/

Oh...It doesn't focus as newer enlargers do, it doesn't have a focus
knob. It has the lens mounted into a threaded brass tube that one
manually turns to decrease or increase distance, so I have to be able
to reach it.
 I did receive information... that B&H sells a
>Patterson grain focuser that is 14'' high
This sounds like the closest solution so far.

Thank you to everyone for your ideas!
 garimo