Rollo Pyro

Hi gang -

Just processed my first batch of sheet film after a 10 year siesta.  Wow we
Wow, I had forgotten how wonderful the energy of persuing personal work is.
I had thought "corporate life" had sapped all my visual passion..... WRONG!
Looking at those delicious 8x10 negs was energizing, perhaps even a bit
intoxicating, not to mention leaving me craving for more.

I used Carl Weese's  Pyro article "Pyro Development for Dual-Purpose
Negatives" as my starting point, but have several questions. Carl maybe you
can chime in?

1. Carl recommends dumping the fix. I can see that it gets a little spent
looking but should it be discarded? Has there been a chemical change, aside
from the pigmentation, rendering it useless?

2. Carl also suggests that if the negs print well without filtration on VC
paper they should  print well in Palladium. Any comments on using this as a
measuring tool for testing? Are there any useful densitometric guidelines
that could also be applied? I have a Eseco color densitometer that is
relatively sensitive and have a hankering for useful benchmarks (stems from
my early zone system toilet training).

Thanks in advance,

Marty