Re: fading Ware's cyanotypes

Kathryn,

Have you tried adding a little Tween 20 to the sensitizer?
I usually add one drop of 10% Tween per 3ml sensitizer for
Arches Platine.  It helps in a variety of ways with this
paper - alleviates stain of uncoated areas by prussian blue,
evens out the coating, etc.  If you haven't tried using
Tween or PEG, give that a shot.

As for papers, I too have found the Ware cyanotype to be
useless on very many papers.  Of the papers I have tried, I
have only found Arches Platine to give consistent results.
However, the negative aspect of this paper is that it does
not take well to acid development with Nitric.  I haven't
tried Hydrochloric yet.

I've been making 20x24 photograms with the Ware formula and
am very happy with the process.  It is fairly easy, and that
blue.. whoa.

-Adam