Re: error message

From: Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 06/23/00-04:34:58 AM Z

At 09:51 AM 06/23/2000 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I note Richard's reply that the error message other have mentioned comes
>from some other web-board, which is certainly the case, as the bouncer is
>
>AltList@sirius.secureforum.com
>
>However, the suggestion that the people posting are at fault is incorrect,
   I didn't say this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>in that they are posting to this other listr as well as the alt-photo list.
>I am getting this message and I have never subscribed to this other list,
>nor posted to it, and indeed was unaware of its existence till this began.
>
>I suspect that either a) someone on this list has subscribed to the other
>one and somehow, possibly by using a reply form, has got the alt-photo list
>subscribed to this other list, or, b) someone on the other list has
>subscribed the alt-photo list to the other list by a similar sort of
>mistake. If either of these is the case, then anyone who is not authorised
>directly to post to the other list will have their mail bounced.
>
>Just illustrates the need to take care with these things
>

>Best
>

>Rod
   You have misinterpreted my post.

  I meant that only the person posting to _this_ list will get the error
message since it is evidently returned to the original poster rather than
to the list. The fault is with the machine which is sending the error
messages, not with anyone posting to this list or the alt processes list
machine.
   While these messages are annoying its lucky we aren't getting a closed
loop of error messages through the list.
   I will now get an error message due to this posting.

----
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles,Ca.
dickburk@ix.netcom.com