Kallitypes not recognized.

I recently noted that @ SFMOMA's collection of photographs, some of the
pieces had been designated as platinum while they were actually kallitypes.

This is not quite the case as I had thought.

It seems that a few of the platinum prints were actually an unusual silver
process on a very unusual paper. What this is I do not know nor does the
staff.
I believe also that there are some questionable platinum prints but to
thoroughly check them would take some expensive tests and will not be done
for the near future.

However, I do believe that the quality of kallitypes well made, is such that
the average person aware of what these prints might look like, could easily
confuse the two.

I am sorry if my original note mislead anyone. Essentially it has been my
assumption that there are hundreds of kallitypes posing as platinum prints.
Best
jack Fulton