color VDB or Salt paper / longevity

Relatively to color VDB or Salt paper / longevity, my own experience says that if  there is a good final wash, 30 minutes without hypo-clear, tested with Kodak HT-2, the prints have a good color stability, also on paper "no acid free", but they must be protected from moisture and enviromental pollution.

Twenty-one years old "Salt papers" of mine are well conserved on a wall at home, protected by glass, otherwise some VDB shown in a medical laboratory are blanched after some mounths. But they were without glasses and exposed to daily cleanig vapours.

I think that VDB and "Salt paper" processes must remain simple and cheap. That's why I am opposite to toner.  Some days ago I have begun a test to protect VDB by spray, acrilic and plastic, but I will have results only in many mounths.

I beg your pardon for my English.

Lamberto Formiconi  -   Italy

formic@tiscalinet.it

--
TiscaliFreeNet, libero accesso ad Internet.
http://www.tiscalinet.it