Re: Dates and names in history

From: Campos & Davis Photos (photos@campos-davis.co.uk)
Date: 02/14/00-07:20:07 AM Z

Ok thanks, but I am really trying to find the first set of examples of
experiments which could be called "permanent" in any way. I believe
the earlier attempts failed because he did not manage to fix the
image.
Is the picture of the window at Laycock his first "permanent" image?
It is certainly his most famous and held up to be the world's first
negative. Is that correct? Can you correct me with the spelling, is it
oriel or ariel window?

Campos & Davis Photos
6 Cranbourne Road
London N10 2BT - UK