Re: Humidifying Box Construction and Happy Holidays!

From: garimo (omirag@cruzio.com)
Date: 12/24/00-12:50:21 PM Z

Hi Dans,
 I don't know if this method will fit your needs, but I too created a
hydration chamber for chrysotypes, but wanted something much larger
than a plastic tray... I had a unused insulated refrigerator display
case sitting around. It has two sliding doors and stainless steel
shelves for several layers of paper if needed. In the bottom. I put a
tub of water that sits on top of a heating pad and I keep the water
about 80 degrees. I really don't know what the humidity level in the
box is 'cuz I don't have a meter. I know it is consistent so I just
time how long the paper has been in the box for pre-exposure and/or
post-exposure hydration and look for the results.
garimo