Re: Cranes Parchmont

From: Tom Ferguson (tomf2468@pipeline.com)
Date: 08/16/00-07:52:19 AM Z

You've already received a few leads on where to buy, but let me give a
warning. A few (6??) months back Cranes Parchmont changed rather radically.
I was using it for Cyanotypes, but can no more :-(

I SUSPECT (I'm guessing) that B&S had similar problems with it and platinum,
and that is why it is gone from their web site.

I tries a lot of papers trying to match the old Parchmont and sadly failed.
I'm now using Cranes Platinotype White, but it's contrast (with Cyanotype)
was different enough that I was forced to remake almost all of my enlarged
negs.

It is such a PAIN when the paper companies do this to us! Don't they
realize that alt printers are a major market share?????????????

--
Tom Ferguson
http://www.ferguson-photo-design.com

From: Jason Plunkett <jrplunkett1@home.com> Subject: Cranes Parchmont

Hello All, I'm looking for a supplier of Cranes Parchmont paper. I can't seem to locate Cranes website (I think they have one). In the past I've been able to get it from Bostick-Sullivan but it doesn't appear any longer on their on-line catalog. Can anyone help? Jason Plunkett