Re: Wynstone Vellum & wrinkles

Kerik717@aol.com
Date: 04/17/00-09:51:22 AM Z

> For these larger (8x10) size prints, the paper surface texture
> interferes with the image. What I do is dry mount (with an archival
> (and reversible) dry mount tissue such as from Light Impressions) to a
> thicker piece of smooth paper.

The problem with this approach, at least with the Wyndstone Vellum, (which I have used) is that the color of the dry mount tissue shows through and is unattractive to my eye. I tried several tissues ("archival" and otherwise), but not the stuff Light Impressions sells, however.

The Wyndstone Vellum comes in several thicknesses. I've worked with the 5 point and 2 point sizes. The 2 point (thinner) is somewhat easier to flatten than the 5 point, but it's still a problem. It helps to print on a sheet that is much larger than the image, and then trim it down after you've dried and flattened it as much as possible. The paper is very inexpensive, so this is not a costly approach. Prints on this paper are exquisite, if you can overcome the wrinkling.

Kerik Kouklis
www.Kerik.com