Re: fake ice cubes(maybe too off topic)

From: John Deluca (jdeluca@adm.schoolofvisualarts.edu)
Date: 04/10/00-01:00:07 PM Z

It takes a tremendous amount of time and patience, but acceptable fake
cubes can be carved out of clear acrylic ( Plexiglas) cubes . After they
are carved using a carbide burr on a Dremel or similar tool, you have to
re-polish the cube with a buffing compound made for plastics. Now you
can see why they are so expensive. One of the studio photography
instructors at SVA has been doing this for some time now. He even has
faked spills and pours using Plexiglas and epoxy. This is definitely not
something that can be rushed, or done by someone with little patience.