Cinnamic acid

Sil Horwitz (silh@earthlink.net)
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 17:47:34 -0400

Some time ago, there was a discussion on Ilford ID-11 plus. Here's the
information I just received from Ilford. Interesting. So now we know.
Cinnamic acid disulfide is a silver sequestering agent which helped to keep
silver in solution. It was added to help reduce the re-depositing of silver
into the film emulsion. The result was reduced overall fog levels, produced
cleaner, brighter looking negatives.
ILFORD ID 11 Plus was discontinued about 4 years ago because it was found
that Cinnamic acid disulfide appeared to reduce the film speed of some new
technology films.

Sil Horwitz, FPSA
Technical Editor, PSA Journal
silh@earthlink.net