Re: point source UV?

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 22:22:25 -0500 (EST)

Joe, I think it depends on your printing style. I did extensive tests &
found the plate burner (mercury vapor thingum) bulb was indeed contrastier
& gave more density, & assumed it was therefore best, but when the blasted
thing broke down for the 3rd time & I switched to the BL fluorescents,
damned (excuse me,"darned") if the prints didn't print better & easier.
Which is to say this may be a pudding has to be proved in the printing,
not the test strip.

I also tried Phil Davis's daylight (I think it was) fluorescents, but they
were so very slow and so very contrasty seemed useless for gum. But Sam &
Sandy found them better for carbon.

Judy